Exceptional Talent Visa

Exceptional Talent Visa Piya Mayenin
Photo by Conor Samuel on Unsplash

More about Exceptional Talent visa

You can apply for a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa if you work in a qualifying field and have been endorsed as:

  • a recognised leader (exceptional talent)
  • an emerging leader (exceptional promise)

You must also be from outside the (EEA) and Switzerland.

There are 2,000 places available under this visa category between 6 April to 5 April of the following year.

What is the process for Exceptional Talent visa 

You need to complete 2 stages to get this visa.

  • apply to the Home Office for endorsement as a leader or an emerging leader in your particular field
  • apply for the visa

You must pay a separate fee for the 2 stages of this process. You will not automatically get a visa if you’ve been endorsed. You will not be reimbursed your endorsement fee if your visa application is turned down.

How long does the process Exceptional Talent visa take?

After you get your endorsement, the earliest you can apply for a visa is 3 months before you travel.

You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.

Do I need to pay Immigration Healthcare Surcharge?

You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application.  You can choose how long you want to apply for, up to the maximum time allowed. You only have to pay the healthcare surcharge for the amount of time you choose to stay.

How long you can stay on the Exceptional Talent visa?

You can stay in the UK for up to:

  • 5 years and 4 months if you apply outside the UK
  • 5 years if you apply inside the UK

You can apply to extend this visa for up to another 5 years.

You can apply for settlement once you’ve been in the UK for:

  • 3 years with an exceptional talent visa
  • 5 years with an exceptional promise visa

What you can and cannot do

You can:

  • work – for an employer, as a director of a company or be self-employed
  • change jobs without telling the Home Office
  • do voluntary work
  • travel abroad and return to the UK
  • bring family members with you

You cannot:

  • get public funds
  • work as a doctor or dentist in training
  • work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach
  • For more information and assistance telephone Piya Mayenin on 07512810472 now or make a query on the contact form on the right and leave a number and Piya can call you straight back.